Your Personal Information
We do not store any details of your bank accounts, credit cards, debit cards or online payment methods, once the payment is taken these details are in no way retained by us.
YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
This website does not store any personal information about you our customers. However, in order to be able to function as a business Crumplehorn Cottages does store some information.
Any information that we do store is kept secure and is not shared or sold to any third parties. We use this information to contact you if necessary and as you know, we do not spam you constantly with emails. The information we do store is:
Emails: We keep copies of emails until your holiday is successfully completed. This allows us to keep track of payments, special requests, and any queries that you may have made
Personal Details: Name, Email, Address, Home Phone Number, Mobile Phone Number
Details of when and how you interacted with our website (Google Analytics)
ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION
If you would like a copy of the information that we hold on you, or you would like us to amend or delete any information, then, please email, call or make a request on our contact us page and we will be glad to help you
Terms And Conditions
AUTHORITY TO SIGN
The person who signs and completes the booking form certifies that he or she is authorised to agree to the booking conditions on behalf of all persons included on the booking form, including those substituted or added at a later date. The signatory must be a member of the party intending to occupy the property and be over the age of 18 years.
At no time during the period of rental may any parents or guardians leave children or teenagers on their own at any property, during the day or overnight. The signatory of the booking request does so on behalf of all persons who will occupy the property during the period stated. All members of the party must be aware of and accept the booking conditions. Any breach will result in immediate termination of the booking, without refund.
Our website and brochure clearly state the maximum number of guests permitted at each property – Number of guests must be stated on the booking form, no increase in numbers unless notified and confirmed by the owner, after confirmation of booking. Exceeding this number constitutes a breach of contract. Tents are not permitted to be erected in the gardens or grounds of any of the cottages.
NURSERY EQUIPMENT HIRE
We are happy to provide Travel Cots and Highchairs free of charge for your use in all cottages, except Crumplehorn Cottage No1. Please advise when booking, if you would like to make use of this service, as numbers are limited.
Our website and brochure clearly state which cottages accept a pet by prior arrangement, and the payment of an accompanying pet fee. (£25.00 per dog, per week) Crumplehorn Cottages will accept one small to medium, well-behaved dog at each of these properties on condition that –
1. No animals are left unattended at the property at any time.
2. Pets are kept with strict control within the property, and not allowed to climb upon any of the beds or furniture.
3. All garden areas are checked and cleaned by a member of your party prior to your departure, and any dog waste disposed of in a hygienic manner.
Tenants are required to leave the property in a clean and tidy condition. All dishes should be washed and put away, and refuse/recycling placed out in the main bin outside of the property. If a property is not left in a clean and tidy state, any additional cleaning costs will be billed to the outgoing tenant.
FIRE FIGHTING EQUIPMENT
It is the responsibility of guests not to hang anything on our firefighting equipment, and to keep children from tampering with it. The cleaning team inspect each item upon your departure, and any damage will be charged to the outgoing tenant.
Properties are available from 3pm on your day of arrival and must be vacated by 9.30am on your day of departure.
Bookings will only be accepted upon the receipt of a pre-payment of one-third of the full rental amount, which is not refundable – and a completed Booking Form. Provisional bookings will be held for 48 hours, pending receipt of the pre-payment of one third, or full payment of rental. After this, bookings will automatically be cancelled, without referring to the customer.
Final payment of any outstanding holiday balance is due 4 weeks prior to arrival. Non-payment by the due date will be treated as a cancellation, and the property may be re-let without reference to the tenants. And tenants will remain liable for payment of the full amount. (Although credit will be given for any rents received as a result of re-letting, less our office administration charges). Please note that – We DO NOT send reminders, the due balance date will be clearly stated on the confirmation of booking letter.
METHOD OF PAYMENT
Payment may be made by cheque, bank transfer and debit card – Free of charge, Or by credit card with a 2% handling fee. In addition, any payments from overseas may be paid by international bank transfer, provided that the payment also includes any bank charges.
The customer agrees – to pay for all gas, electricity, fuel and telephone charges incurred during the tenancy, where these services are not included in the rental. To pay for all breakages, losses or damage to the property and contents, however, caused – reasonable wear and tear excluded. Any breakages should be reported as soon as possible. The proprietors reserve the right to reasonably enter the property during your stay. Guests are not to cause an annoyance or become a nuisance to occupants of adjoining premises.
Guests must ensure that their possessions are adequately insured for their stay.
Due to high levels of property being left behind in the cottages, there is now a fee of £10.00 (Minimum) for postage and handling in the return of belongings that are left behind.
Amendments or alterations to the holiday booking at your request, or re-issue of the confirmation of booking letter, due to loss of the original will be subject to a £25.00 administration fee.
CANCELLATION AND INSURANCE OF HOLIDAY
It is the customers’ responsibility to take out relevant holiday insurance to cover any events arising which could cause cancellation of their holiday. Under no circumstances will refunds be given unless the property can be re-let. The client remains responsible for the entire cost for the period of the holiday, plus the cost of any additional advertising which may be necessary. Details of a cancellation insurance scheme will be sent to you, along with your confirmation of booking letter, if you wish to take up this option.
We reserve the right to refuse or terminate any booking (Without refund) where we consider there to be a breach of contract of our terms and conditions.
Crumplehorn Cottages Green Policy
There is much work to be done in achieving a truly green sustainable business. Having said that, my family and I do practice many examples already which are a great basis to build on.
About Crumplehorn Cottages
Crumplehorn Cottages are eight holiday cottages situated in Polperro and West Looe Cornwall. We advertise mainly on the Internet and do not send a printed brochure unless requested. All correspondence is done via email or on the phone. A good relationship can be built by using these methods of communication and of course, I can provide regular updates to guests via email. Our unique selling points are our location actually in the heart of the popular resorts, close to the South West Coastal Path, just a short stroll from the harbour, beach, shops, restaurants, bus stops etc, and private off road parking outside each cottage. I promote the business as a friendly Cornish establishment drawing on my own Cornish heritage.
So how green are we already?
- To encourage our guests to be aware of and conserve energy £1.00 coin electricity meters are installed in each cottage.
- To promote green travel we give details of car free travel methods and how to get about when you are here. Bus and train timetables are also provided.
- My web site is my showcase so is regularly refined and added to. We have links to local restaurants and activities that can be undertaken during guests stays. Festival and events are highlighted. We promote other sustainable business on our web site i.e. Purely Cornish.
- We have DDA constraints because the cottages are old traditional properties not purpose built accommodation, but we draw people’s attention to this on the web site. My emails do use larger size print for legibility.
- We have created a local business cluster, where guests that cannot be accommodated can be passed on to others in the cluster. This is done via email forwarding.
- Where possible we catch rainwater in butts to water the garden.
- As our bathrooms are relatively new, each has a small cistern and or dual flush to save water.
- We promote local producers and suppliers to save food miles and shop as locally as possible where costs allow.
- We are active members of SECTA (South East Cornwall Tourism Association) and COAST (Cornwall Sustainable Tourism project).
- We have thermostats on night storage heaters and radiators. The immersion heater water system is fully controllable, and can be turned on and off as required. Extra blankets are supplied for each room. All curtains are lined.
- In response to visitor feedback forms, we have installed electric showers in every bathroom, which has reduced the number the baths taken.
- We recycle most plastic bottles, glass & paper and encourage guests to do the same. We have a kerb side collection every 2 weeks.
- Guests are encouraged to dry their towels on a drying rack or clothes line provided.
- Any appliance will only be replaced when broken and A rating goods sought.
Greening up the business!
Much of the improvements to our green credentials will be ongoing and phased.
- Be more vigilant in turning off appliances left on standby and also room lights.
- We are in the process of phasing out ordinary bulbs and changing to low energy.
- SW Tourism cards encouraging turning off appliance left on stand by will be deployed in rooms.
- We have made a commitment to ensure we protect the beautiful environment of Cornwall and encourage guests to recycle their rubbish by providing recycling bins. Where possible our cleaning products are environmentally friendly. We are keen for our guests to support other local businesses and in particular reduce food miles.
South East Cornwall Tourism Association (SECTA)
in partnership with Caradon District Council, has introduced The SECTA Green Acorn Award Scheme, a voluntary, “green tourism” Award scheme. We have been inspected by South East
Cornwall Tourism association and have won Green Acorn accreditation by making at least 25 improvements to reduce the impact of our business, and that of our guests, on the environment.
The Cornwall Sustainable Tourism Project (CoaST)
Network provides the opportunity for an association of organisations and individuals committed to the successful development of sustainable tourism in Cornwall to exchange ideas, knowledge and expertise – this is your one-stop shop for help and advice see www.cstn.org.uk , email email@example.com tel. 01872 562057.
Our Pet Policy is aimed at making the stay pleasant for your pet as well as for future guests.
1. Pets are not allowed on beds or on any furniture.
2. Dogs are welcome to use the patio areas, sun terrace or garden. Please use a bag to collect any droppings and dispose of thoughtfully -The garden/patio areas must be left as found upon your departure.
3. Pets must not be left unattended in the house, other than for very short periods; and must be kept under supervision when outside.
4. All pets staying at our cottages MUST be up to date with flea and worming treatments.
5. The proprietors reserve the right to demand the owner of any dog that causes a nuisance or threat, to remove the dog or leave without entitlement to refund, compensation or damages.
6. Any damage caused by an accompanying pet to be paid for by owners upon departure.
7. If needed, the nearest veterinary clinic is Luxstowe Vets, The Quay, West Looe PL13 2ES Phone: 01579 342120 (24 hr helpline)
The DEFRA website (Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs) explains “what you have to do to bring your pet dog, cat or ferret into (or back into) the UK through the Pet Travel Scheme (or PETS for short) without putting it into quarantine. It also explains the requirements for bringing many other types of pet animals into the UK. This site also tells you about quarantine in the UK for animals that don’t qualify for PETS. Printable factsheets are available for both vets and the public.”
Effective date: February 08, 2019
Crumplehorn Cottages (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the www.crumplehorncottages.co.uk website (hereinafter referred to as the “Service”).
Service is the www.crumplehorncottages.co.uk website operated by Crumplehorn Cottages
- Personal Data
Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
- Usage Data
Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
Cookies are small files stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
Information Collection and Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Cookies and Usage Data
We may also collect information how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with a small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Other tracking technologies are also used such as beacons, tags and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyse our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Use of Data
Crumplehorn Cottages uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain the Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer care and support
- To provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve the Service
- To monitor the usage of the Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
Transfer Of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to – and maintained on – computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside United Kingdom and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to United Kingdom and process it there.
Disclosure Of Data
Crumplehorn Cottages may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Crumplehorn Cottages
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
As an European citizen, under GDPR, you have certain individual rights. You can learn more about these guides in the GDPR Guide.
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Links to Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Changing / Amending or Deleting your information
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org